Packaging Institute of Philippines
Phone number：(63-2) 687-3051,687-3143
Packaging Institute of Philippines[http://phil-packaging.org/index.php]
Address：Unit 725, 7th FLOOR CITYLAND SHAW TOWER, Shaw Boulevard corner St. ,Francis Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
PIP stands for the Packaging Institute of the Philippines. It is a national association of users, manufacturers, and suppliers of packaging materials and services.
PIP was founded by 31 charter members in March 1967 and was registered in March 20, 1975 with the Securities and Exchange Commision as a non-stock, non profit corporation.
PIP is also a founding member of the Asian PAckaging Foundation (APF), which, in turn, is a member of the World Packaging Organization.
The headquarters of the APF is usually based in the country of the incumbent president, while the WPO is based in Paris, France.
The current members of the APF are the packaging associations or institutions of Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The members of WPO are the heads of the European, American, and Asian Packaging Federations.
1. To promote the recognition of Packaging as a science and as a profession and to stimulate good packaging consciousness in the industry and among consumers;
2. To undertake the promotion of research and development of packaging and package design.
3. To promote the establishment of acceptable basic standards for the packaging industry.
4. To provide a vehicle for international exchange of experience and knowledge in packaging technology.
5. To promote the pursuit of packaging technology by means of local and international training and education.
6. To render testing, professional, and consulting services to members.